Your arrival in Milan
thank you for booking one of my apartments! 👍
What are the next steps?
How to make the check-in?
Any procedures international students should…
– Emergency phone number 112
– Most of the shops close during lunch time, usually 12:30 – 15:30.
They are closed also on Monday morning, while food shops (bakery, greengrocer…) on Monday are open in the morning and closed in the afternoon.
Shops are usually closed on Sunday, excepted for the supermarkets.
– To buy public transports tickets and to check the best way to reach a place using different transports check this out ATM
– How to reach Bocconi from your apartment, just insert its address and select the icon above “walking” or by “public transports” in this link to Google map .
– To get an Italian SIM card, I would suggest you to go to Vodafone shop in corso San Gottardo 5, tel +39 02 84563157.
– To eventually open an Italian bank account: Unicredit bank, corso San Gottardo 5, Milan, tel + 39 02 8681 3206.
Open from Mon to Fri, 8:35 – 13:35 and 14:45 – 16:15.
– To ask information about insurances in Italy, you could contact my broker:
+390396083652 – int.205
– The closest supermarkets/grocery stores are Esselunga Viale Tibaldi, 7, open Mon-Sat 7:30-21, Sun 9-20
and Conad Corso S. Gottardo, 29, open Mon-Sat 8-22, Sun 9-19.
– Should I bring the typical food from my country?
In Milan there are a lot of international food shops, I think you don’t need it 😉
– Handyman (plumber as well) for apartment’s maintenance Mr Lucio +39 392 239 6634 and Electrician Mr Andrea +39 340 412 6487
– Gas leak Emergency number 800 933301 and Electricity number 800 131000
– Pharmacies: Via Pavia, 1, open everyday 8:30-20
and Corso San Gottardo 1, open Mon-Sat 8-midnight and Sun 20-midnight (for urgent medicine delivery you can call them +39 02 89403433)
– The general doctors I would recommend you:
Dottor Gianluca Galdabino or Dottor Massimo Gamba
Via Pavia, 2/a, tel +39 02 832 2641 or +39 02 8375885
– and the dentist:
Francesco Ferrara, Via Giuseppe Meda, 7, tel +39 02 832 3581
– To get the codice fiscale, here you are an easy and free procedure
– What clothes to bring in your luggages? How the weather is in Milan?
I would suggest you to check it here.
Here you can find a paper called “House rules” we usually give to our tenants, but can be useful for everybody is renting an apartment in Milan!